Thursday, March 17, 2011

PET Stories to Share - A pup named Bobby

Dear SPCA KK.
Mike and Bobby


I recently moved to KK as my father has terminal cancer. There have been so many awful animal cruelty reports in Malaysia recently, so we decided that we wanted to start a happy story.My family has never believed in paying a small fortune for a pedigree breed of cat or dog. For decades we have always given stray dogs and cats a loving home. I found SPCA KK on Facebook (that's what makes the world go round nowadays) a couple of weeks ago.The very next day one of the SPCA KK members was kind enough to pick my baby sister and me up and take us to the shelter.We were looking for a young male pup and name him Bob, after my dad. In the end, the one who caught our eye was a girl. We named her Bobby. Playful, loving, wonderful cheeky character and fearless!

We took her to the vet a few days later to have her mite/skin problem looked at (it's much better now btw). When we were in the waiting room, a huge black scary-looking dog, about ten times Bobby's size walked in with it's owner. Bobby popped her little head out of the cardboard box I was carrying her in and started barking at the giant dog. The bigger dog started cowering. No joke!

She has settled in so well here at our house, that she is already barking at anything and everything that dares come near our gate. Bobby the tiny guard dog!
She is now part of our family and we couldn't have hoped for a nicer dog.
Thank you SPCA KK.

Mike.

ps - Bobby's favourite hobby is chewing on my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment